Are you looking for cool Alaska gifts for someone who is going to Alaska soon? Or do you need Alaska gift ideas for someone who lives at the last frontier? Do you want to get authentic gifts from Alaska for a native of the great land who moved out of state? Or do you need to find Alaskan gifts for travelers who are about to leave for a long-term trip?
Whatever your case, you will find the 25 best Alaska-themed gifts here!
From Alaska-themed games to cool books about Alaska to cool Alaska home decor items, anything for the last frontier lover you will find in this post.
Table of Contents
Save these Alaska gift ideas for travelers
Don’t forget to save this post for the next time you need to find cool Alaska-themed gifts! Or share it with others who may need some inspiration too.
Alaska gift ideas for large budgets
#1 Alaska cork map
I absolutely love these wine cork maps! And I bet Alaska lovers and wine lovers will agree with me that this map of Alaska with cork holes is the best of both worlds.
A beautiful home decor item that reminds them of Alaska, and a reason to open up a wine bottle!
#2 Alaska beer cap map
Another one of my favorite gifts for any state or country is a map with holes for beer caps, such as this one of Alaska!
I think they are the best gifts for someone who lives in Alaska and who also loves beer!
Again, it’s a beautiful addition to the home and a very good reason to open a beer!
#3 Alaska fleece blanket
Another cool map-inspired gift for someone from Alaska is this fleece blanket of Alaska. It will keep them warm during the cold winter days, ánd remind them of their beloved state.
#4 Puzzles: Alaskan gifts
If you are looking for the best Alaska gifts for travelers who can’t travel, a puzzle of the place they love the most might be a good idea to keep them occupied, while also thinking about Alaska.
#5 Qiviut handknit gifts from Alaska
These Alaska local handmade hats and scarves may be the most expensive Alaska gift ideas on this list, but that is because it is handmade from the soft underwool of the arctic musk ox (Qiviut).
It’s a super lightweight product that’s about eight times warmer than wool, yet it’s still fine enough to produce beautiful hats and scarves.
#6 Alaska wall art
Alaska is the great land of national parks and wildlife, so a great gift for someone from Alaska is a print that shows all that.
Alaska gift ideas for travelers for mid budgets
#7 Alaska-themed travel mugs
So for Alaska fans who also care about the environment and who love coffee, Alaska-themed travel mugs are the best gifts!
#8 Alaska-themed passport cover
If you are looking for gifts for Alaska fans who are going on a trip soon, this passport cover with an Alaska theme is perfect!
You can find over a hundred different designs on Zazzle.
#9 Alaska gift ideas: maps of Alaska
The best Alaska-themed gifts are things that remind Alaskans of the place they love the most and something that is actually useful or beautiful.
And that is exactly why I think this hand-drawn map of Alaska will be very popular among Alaskans or people who love Alaska.
#10 Alaska gifts: books about Alaska
What are better gifts for someone going to Alaska than fun, inspirational, or interesting books about the place they love most?
I selected a few books about Alaska that I think every Alaskan or Alaska lover will love. And don’t worry if you are looking for the best Alaskan gifts for travelers or foodies, the next two items will cover the best books for them!
- The Great Book Of Alaska. The crazy history of Alaska with amazing random facts and trivia. As the name and title already suggest, this book is perfect for people who are interested in history and fun and random trivia.
- Alaska’s Wilderness Medicines: Healthful Plants of the Far North. This book is perfect for people who are interested in health, specifically, plant medicines.
- The Great Alone. A novel about a family wanting to start all over in Alaska.
- 81 Days Below Zero. The incredible survival story of a world war II pilot in Alaska’s frozen wilderness.
- Cabin: An Alaska Wilderness Dream. A book about a young family that builds a cabin and moves to the middle of nowhere in Alaska
- Alaska: A Photographic Excursion. A great book for people who prefer to watch rather than read.
- Alaska: A Novel. Another great book about Alaska’s history, from long before western occupation to present-day Alaska.
- Follow Me To Alaska. A true story of a couple’s adventure adjusting from life in a cul-de-sac in El Paso, Texas, to a cabin off-grid in the wilderness of Alaska.
#11 Alaska gift ideas: cookbooks
If you are looking for Alaska gift ideas for foodies, authentic Alaskan cookbooks are the best gifts! Not only will they be able to produce the real Alaskan flavor at home, but you will also be able to taste some of it!
Some of the best cookbooks from Alaska include:
- Cooking Alaskan. A general cookbook that includes over 1400 classic Alaskan recipes.
- The Salmon Sisters: Feasting, Fishing, and Living in Alaska. You can’t think of Alaskan food without also thinking of fish!
- The Alaska Wild Berry Cookbook. 275 recipes from the far north. The best cookbook for people who absolutely love berries. Whether it’s for milkshakes, pies, salads, or candies, everything is included in this recipe book.
- The Alaska Wild Berry Cookbook: 275 Recipes from the Far North Cookbook. Another great general Alaskan food cookbook, the book takes you through the entire process, straight from the ocean to your table.
#12 The best Alaska gifts for someone going to Alaska: travel books
The best Alaskan gifts for someone going to Alaska are, of course, guidebooks about Alaska!
Make sure you check which guidebooks they already have, so you can get one that will show even more beautiful places in Alaska. Some of the best guidebooks include
- Moon’s Alaska. Moon is one of the top publishers of American travel guides
- Fodor’s Travel Alaska. Fodor Travel generally offers a lot of inside information and works for all types of travelers.
- DK Eyewitness’ Alaska. DK Eyewitness is famous for its beautiful photography, so their guidebooks are perfect for people who are into that.
- Lonely Planet’s Alaska. The LP is the most popular guidebook for budget travelers and backpackers.
- National Geographic’s Guide To The National Parks of Alaska. With the largest part of Alaska being national parks, having a guidebook that solely focuses on national parks in Alaska will definitely come in handy.
- The Mileposts Alaska Travel Planner. Perfect for people who are planning a road trip through Alaska.
#13 Alaska-themed hoodie
Another one of the best gifts from Alaska to keep them warm during the cold days, an Alaska hoodie.
#14 Alaska gifts for her: jewelry
If you are looking for subtle and pretty Alaska gifts for women, jewelry might be the way to go.
#15 Photo album: Alaskan gifts for travelers
If you are looking for the best Alaska gifts for travelers who just returned from a trip to Alaska, this photo album is the perfect gift.
Travelers often slack to make those photo albums, so by giving one, specifically for Alaska, you are forcing them to take action and create a physical memory of that amazing trip!
#16 Alaska-shaped cutting board
This cute cutting board in the shape of Alaska and with cool drawings of typical Alaskan things, such as a moose, and the major national parks and cities, is one of the best Alaska gift ideas for people who love cooking!
#17 Gifts from Alaska: Ulu knife
The Ulu Knife is traditionally only used by women in Alaska. However, I believe they make pretty cool gifts from Alaska for both men and women.
#18 Flannel shirts
What is a cooler gift from Alaska, than a typical Alaskan shirt? Check out the flannel designs here.
#19 More Alaska-themed shirts
If you are looking for Alaska gifts for travelers, you have to find something that is practical for a trip, such as t-shirts!
Alaska gift ideas for small budgets
#20 Alaska keychain
One of the sweetest Alaskan gifts for travelers is this keychain that says “I love you more than the distance between us” and comes with a map of Alaska.
It’s perfect for Alaskans who are going on a long-term trip, since it’s small and light, so it won’t take up too much space in their bags!
#21 Alaska gifts: sourdough recipe
Gifts from Alaska itself are of course the best thing to give to Alaska lovers. However, the problem with food is that it always tastes better when it’s fresh.
#22 Tea gifts from Alaska
Are you looking for the best gifts from Alaska for a tea lover?
Get them tea from Alaska!
The loose-leaf is hand-mixed and contains black tea, cinnamon, orange oils, cloves, and more to make the authentic recipe that has been used for over 45 years!
#23 Gifts from Alaska: beauty products
What are better gifts from Alaska than locally produced beauty products, such as this bath and body oil?
It’s a great way to bring back the smell of Alaska! Check out Once In A Blue Moose for more products.
#24 Alaska travel journal
This travel journal that focuses solely on Alaska is one of the best Alaskan gifts for travelers! They can write about all their Alaskan adventures and plan their trip. And once they get back from Alaska, they have a book filled with memories of Alaska.
For more general travel journal ideas, check out these 25 awesome journals.
#25 Alaska-themed tote bags
Tote bags are another example of cute and practical Alaska gift ideas for travelers! If they have something related to Alaska of course. And luckily you can find a large selection of Alaska-themed tote bags on Zazzle.
I quite liked this simple one.
Save these Alaska gift ideas for later
Alright, these were my 25 favorite Alaska-themed gifts for people obsessed with the last frontier! Which gift did you like the most or which one did you end up getting? Let me know in the comment.
Also, don’t forget to save these gifts for the next time you need to find Alaska gifts for someone from Alaska or someone going to Alaska.
Final note on these Alaska gifts
Alright, I hope that this post helped you to find the best gifts for someone going to Alaska or for someone who loves Alaska. If you need a bit more help, have a look at the editor’s top 3.