Oops, did you accidentally forget someone’s birthday or did you just forget to send a card? No worries, it happens to the best of us, and there is always a way to make it up. For example by using humor and sending a funny happy belated birthday card. They can’t be mad at you and smile at the same time! So check out these 159 happy belated birthday funny quotes to apologize for missing their birthday.
You may also like
- Send your next birthday on time with these 161 hilarious things to write in a birthday card.
- Bake a cake to make up for missing their birthday and add with these 144 witty birthday cake quotes
- Be on time for Father’s Day with these 67 funny Father’s Day card messages
- Surprise your mom, with one of these 74 witty Mother’s Day card messages
- Crack a graduate up with these 158 funny graduation card ideas
- 101 Funny Christmas wishes to wish them a truly jolly Christmas
Table of Contents
Save the happy belated birthday funny quotes
Don’t forget to save these funny belated birthday wishes on Pinterest, so you’ll know where to look next time you forget someone’s birthday (although you will obviously never forget a birthday again, but just to be sure).
Funny belated birthday wishes that extend their bday
1. This card is too late on purpose. Now it’s your birthday the entire week!
2. You can never just celebrate your birthday on one day. You need the whole month and that’s why I’m sending you this card now.
3. You deserve another day of your birthday.
4. I promise this card isn’t late. It is intentionally arriving after your birthday because I think you deserve a whole birth-month. Happy Birth-month!
5. I didn’t forget your birthday, I just wanted to make it last longer.
6. This birthday card is definitely not late. I’m just extending the celebration.
7. I have a perfectly good reason for sending this card late… I just wanted to make your birthday last longer
8. This year I’m celebrating your birth-month instead of your birthday. So happy birth-month to you!
9. Don’t think of this card as late. Think of it as my little way of giving you a few extra days to stay a year younger. Hope it was happy!
10. Happy birth month!
11. Happy birth week!
12. Someone has to keep the party going. You’re welcome. Happy belated birthday!
13. This card isn’t late, I celebrated your birthday every day!
14. I know you like to draw out your birthday celebrations as long as possible! So happy belated birthday!
15. I guess I wanted your birthday celebrations to last longer, so I strategically planned a belated wish. You’re welcome!
16. You’re so special that I couldn’t fit all the birthday wishes into just one day. So, I decided to extend the festivities with this belated wish!
Funny late birthday wishes for best friend
17. Hey, bestie! I know I’m a little behind, but trust me, our friendship is always ahead of the game. Belated happy birthday!
18. They say the best friendships are timeless, so here’s a belated birthday wish that transcends the boundaries of time!
19. They say wine gets better with age, so consider this belated birthday wish as a fine vintage of friendship!
20. Birthdays are like our inside jokes—they never expire! Belated happy birthday to my laughter-inducing, pun-loving bestie!
21. They say true friends remember each other’s birthdays. Well, I remembered…just a tad bit later!
22. I’m sorry I missed the memo, but you’re too amazing to be celebrated only once. So, let’s continue the birthday fest! Belated wishes, my incredible best friend!
23. I know I’m late, but hey, who needs punctuality when you’ve got a best friend like me? Belated happy birthday to the most awesome person I know!
24. They say good things come to those who wait, so consider my belated birthday wishes the cherry on top of an already fantastic celebration!
25. I may have missed your birthday, but our friendship is like a never-ending celebration. Belated wishes!
Happy belated birthday funny quotes that blame something else
26. Bloody postal service, sending this card late! I bet they’ve even franked the envelope with the wrong date too!
27. I’m late (I blame the carrier pigeon).
28. Sorry this card is late, I couldn’t find my damned pen.
29. Sorry I missed your birthday, the cat was on my lap.
30. This card is too late because:
I forgot your birthday, I was too lazy. I was kidnapped by a UFO
31. Did I forget your birthday? No, of course not! My phone just ran out of batteries when I was just about to wish you a happy birthday.
32. My dog ate your birthday card, then he pooped in the well and I couldn’t get it out of the well in time to give you your card. Anyways, I hope your birthday was happy!
33. Your birthday was too early this year, that’s why you’re receiving this card now.
34. Trust me, I didn’t forget. It’s the card that’s late.
Happy belated birthday funny jokes about yourself
35. I thought I wished you a happy birthday, but then I realized that only happened in my head, so here is a belated birthday card.
36. Yep, I’m still the champion in saying the right thing at the wrong time. Happy Birthday!
37. Ooops, I forgot it was your birthday, but please remember that all other parts of my life are just as neglected.
38. Plot twist: I missed your birthday. But I mean, I’m always late, so is anyone really surprised? Also, can we still eat some cake?
39. I don’t always wish people a happy birthday, but when I do, it’s a few days late.
40. Happy birthday from the land of procrastination where I reign supreme.
41. Future goal; send one of the following on time
- Birthday cards
- Christmas cards
- Celebration cards
But just in case I don’t reach my goal: Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Congratulations!
42. Good News: I remembered your birthday. Bad news: I forgot to tell you “Happy Birthday”.
43. I remembered your birthday, I just didn’t make it to the mailbox on time.
44. Did you really expect my card to arrive on time? That’s what I thought. Happy belated birthday!
44. Sorry, this card is a little bit late. I remembered your birthday, just not the date.
45. I didn’t forget your birthday, I’m just fashionable late.
46. I used to crastinate. But then I decided to go pro.
47. Sorry, I forgot your birthday, but it’s not like you didn’t know what you were getting into with me.
48. I forgot about your birthday, but I did not forget about you. So all things considered, I am still a great friend!
49. I had to cross the road to get you this card for your birthday. And then I forgot what I went over there for.
50. What can I say? I’m good at forgetting really important dates.
51. There is a complex, deeply-rooted, psychological explanation for why this birthday card is late… I’m a scatterbrain.
52. People love surprises. So I didn’t forget your birthday, I totally intended to wish you a happy birthday a few days late, to surprise you. That’s the kind of friend I am.
53. I’m not well known for my robust memory. Happy belated birthday!
54. Apparently, I’m not so good at recalling dates anymore. Belated happy birthday!
55. Sometimes you need a friend who will remember your birthday, and sometimes you need a friend at 3 AM to help hide the body. We both know which one I am. Happy birthday!
56. Jellyfish don’t have brains, so I think I might be part jellyfish. Sorry, I forgot about your birthday!
57. I may have missed your birthday, but I never miss an opportunity to miss your birthday!
58. I’m so sorry I missed your birthday. I wish I was doing something noble, but I’m just a f*ckwit that forgot!
59. Did you ever suddenly remember something you’d forgotten to do and it was really, really, really important, but you forgot it anyway? Then you know how I feel! Happy belated birthday!
60. Apologies for my time perception disorder. Happy belated birthday!
61. These birthday wishes are so belated, it’s embarrassing (please don’t tell my mother).
62. I know this card is late, but in my old age, my memory isn’t what it used to be…
63. I know you think this card is a few days late. It’s actually worse than that. This is your card from 2010 that I only just got around to sending. Happy Belated Birthday!
64. You know me, I’m always slow, but better late than never!
65. I remembered that I forgot your birthday.
66. I may be late, but hey, it’s just my way of building up anticipation. Happy ‘fashionably late’ birthday!
67. They say age is just a number, but apparently, I can’t even keep track of numbers anymore! Belated birthday wishes!
68. Happy belated birthday. They say an elephant never forgets. Too bad I am not an elephant.
Funny belated birthday wishes with jokes about them
69. You still look as beautiful and young as 10 years ago. Perhaps that explains why I forgot to wish you a happy birthday this year. Sorry, happy belated birthday!
70. You’re such a good friend with lots of wonderful gifts – lucky for me, one of them is forgiveness! Sorry, I forgot about your birthday!
71. I know this card is late, but I just wanted to give you time to catch your breath after blowing out ALL of those candles!
72. It’s actually your fault that this birthday card is late. You never seem to age, so I always forget you get older too!
73. I thought I would leave you a while to come to terms with your age before sending your birthday card this year. You’re welcome. Happy Belated Birthday!
74. You’re amazing, wise, super cool, fantastic, brilliant, and intelligent – but don’t get too excited. I’m only saying all these things because I’m a couple of days late! Happy birthday!
75. I’m so sorry I forgot your birthday. The good news is that I also forgot your age.
76. You are not too old, and this card is not too late.
77. I’m sorry I’m late, I just didn’t want to remind you that you’re getting older.
78. How on earth did I miss your birthday?! You’re clearly looking older.
79. I didn’t want to be the first person to remind you of the fact that you’re getting old, so I decided to be the last. Happy belated birthday!
80. I forgot your birthday this year because I figured you were probably also trying to forget it.
81. I didn’t think you’d make it this long and forgot to send a card out.
82. It’s so tough to believe that you are getting older, that I decided to wish you a happy birthday late this year.
83. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me it was your birthday (it’s your fault this is late).
84. This card isn’t late. You’re just old and confused.
85. I’m so sorry I forgot your birthday, but how do you expect me to remember your birthday if you never look any older?
86. Sorry you didn’t remind me it was your birthday.
Funny belated birthday wishes that make it positive
87. I’m sure you got plenty of cards the other day. But wouldn’t you like to receive a card today instead?
88. I am so grateful to have a friend such as you, who is loving and forgiving, and not forgetful, like me! Happy late birthday wishes to you!
89. Sure, everyone remembers you on your birthday. But only a true friend remembers you on the days after too!
90. I’m so sorry I forgot your birthday. The good news is that if you forget mine next year, I’ll forgive you. Happy belated birthday!
91. And just when you thought your birthday was over, you receive this awesome card!
92. Happy Birthday to a warm, understanding, kind, fun, and special friend. (See? Wasn’t that worth waiting for?)
93. You may think that I’m too late for your birthday, but actually, I just wanted to be the last one to wish you a happy birthday. So Happy Birthday from me!
94. A late birthday card is better than a late period.
95. I’m sorry I missed your birthday, but at least I didn’t forget that forgot!
96. New research has shown that belated birthday cards actually contain up to 68% more heartfelt good wishes than regular on-time birthday cards.
97. Better late than pregnant.
98. Sure, anyone could get you a birthday card on your actual birthday. But how many people remembered that today was your unbirthday?
99. I wanted this birthday card to stand out from the rest, so I’m sending it a few days later.
100. A recent study showed that over a lifetime the average person spends: 5 years waiting in line, 6 years eating, 2 years playing phone tag, 3 years looking for stuff you’ve lost, and 6 months waiting at red lights. That kinda makes the wait for your birthday card seem insignificant.
101. This card is late, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
102. Happy belated birthday. Let’s be positive about this.
1. I remembered your birthday
2. I got the month right.
103. I know you received so many birthday wishes yesterday. But who’s here with you today? That’s right, me!
104. The fact that I forgot your birthday is actually a compliment. I didn’t notice you looked older and that’s why I forgot your birthday.
105. I didn’t want to throw you off and actually send your card on time. This way, you know it’s from me! Happy belated birthday!
106. Let’s party like it’s still your birthday!
107. Now that everyone else’s birthday wishes have worn off, here’s a great big one from me!
108. I really just wanted my card to stand out, so I decided to send it late.
109. Sorry, I’m late to the party, but hey, at least the cake won’t feel lonely now! Belated birthday wishes!
110. I hope your birthday was so amazing that my belated wish is just the icing on the cake. Happy late birthday!”
111. I may have missed the cake, but that just means we get to enjoy birthday desserts for a little longer! Belated wishes, my sweet-toothed buddy!”
112. Sorry for the delay, but let’s face it, a punctual birthday wish is way too mainstream”
113. I may have missed your birthday, but I promise to make it up with double the laughter, triple the cake, and quadruple the fun!”
114. You know what they say, the best things come to those who wait, like my belated birthday wishes for you!
Brutally honest late birthday wishes
115. Sorry, this card is late because of who I am as a person.
116. Another late birthday card… That’s the way I roll, sorry!
117. There’s a very good reason why this birthday wish is late… I forgot. I hope you had a great day!
118. I didn’t forget, I just didn’t care.
119. This birthday card is late. Also, there’s no money inside. I guess this just isn’t your day.
120. I love you, but I suck at remembering birthdays. Deal with it. Happy belated birthday!
121. This birthday card is late and there is no money inside, I’m a cheap bastard.
Funny late birthday wishes about time
122. Let’s pretend we’ve gone back in time… Happy birthday!
123. Happy birthday (give or take a week or two)!
124. Sorry, this card has arrived on island time.
125. How about we just pretend this was on-time?
126. Too late, too early, time is relative.
127. Time flies when you’re having fun, and apparently, it flies faster when you forget someone’s birthday! Belated wishes to you!”
128. I must be on island time because I completely missed your birthday. But hey, let’s pretend I did it on purpose to add some tropical vibes to your life!”
129. No, I did not forget. And it’s not that late. Technically, it still is your birthday in [another part of the world].
130. Isn’t your birthday sometime around now?
131. Belated is the new on-time.
Happy belated birthday funny quotes about next year
132. Happy Birthday! Don’t think of this as a late birthday card. Consider it a very early one for next year. Here’s wishing you a wonderful year ahead!
133. This card is late because I
forgot, I am lazy, I was busy, I am early for next year.
134. Too late? No, I’m just 364 days too early.
135. Sorry I missed your birthday! Here’s a birthday card for next year nice and early!
Funny Happy belated birthday puns and jokes
136. Happy belated birthday. Butter late than never. [add a photo of butter]
137. O crab, Happy belated birthday. [add a photo of a crab]
138. Sorry, this Birthday card is chocoLATE. [add a chocolate bar]
139. So sorry to be turtley late for your birthday. [add a photo of a turtle]
140. Happy BEElated birthday. [add a photo of a bee]
Happy belated birthday funny quotes about social media
141. Happy birthday, it’s a few days late (if only social media alerts accounted for mailing time…)
142. This is the last time I wait for Facebook to notify me on whose birthday it is!
143. I’m sorry, I didn’t check Facebook on time this year!
144. I took a week off Social Media, and this is what happens when I do. I’m sorry, I’ll be back on Facebook next year!
145. Sorry this card is late, but I did wish you a happy birthday on Facebook
146. It wasn’t my fault… Facebook forgot to remind me about your birthday!
Other funny belated birthday wishes
147. This is not a birthday card, because if it was, it would be late. But it’s not a birthday card, so it’s not late
148. Birthdays are like boomerangs; they come back around eventually. Belated birthday greetings, my friend!
149. I hope your birthday candles didn’t burn out waiting for my wish. Belated happy birthday, buddy!
150. Oops, I did it again, I forgot your birthday!
151. This card might be late, but please know that it’s sent with even greater enthusiasm to make up for the tardiness.
152. Sorry I missed your birthday. I promise it won’t happen again… This year.
153. Your birthday came, and your birthday went. Here is the card that I should have sent.
154. Friends never forget birthdays! But sometimes they remember very, very, slowly. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
155. You would have totally loved the gift I forgot to buy for you.
156. I absolutely did not forget your birthday (well maybe just a little bit).
157. Turns out the late bird gets just as many worms as any other bird.
158. “belated” is just a fancy word for “sorry I’m such a #*!@#, I forgot your birthday”.
159. A birthday card is never late. It arrives precisely when it means to. [For Lord of the Rings fans]
Save the happy belated birthday funny quotes
Did you save these funny happy belated birthday wishes on Pinterest yet?
Final note one the happy belated birthday funny quotes
All right, I hope that you found the perfect funny belated birthday wishes for your card, and hopefully, the recipient will laugh so hard that they completely forget the fact that your card arrived just a little bit late. And if you are looking for something extra to give, check out these gift guides and find the perfect gift for any type of receiver.