Goodbyes are never easy. What do you say or write to someone who is about to leave a journey of their lifetime, while you’re going to miss them like crazy? To help you out, I’ve gathered a list of the 107 best bon voyage messages. Whether you are looking for beautiful wishes for your loved one, a family member, or a friend, I guarantee, you will find a great one here. From funny happy trip messages for a friend to heartfelt bon voyage quotes that work for anyone!
A little tip before you continue.
Even though I have separated these bon voyage messages into different categories, you can easily mix and match them. So can use the safe travel wishes for friends for family members too (just change the word “friend” to “brother/sister/cousin/or whatever”.
And if you are looking for a small gift to go with your safe journey message, check out these 40+ going-away gifts for travelers.
Table of Contents
Save these bon voyage messages
Don’t forget to save these bon voyage messages to Pinterest, so you’ll know what to write on your card next time someone is about to travel!
General bon voyage messages for anyone
1. Have a fantastic time and I can’t wait to see all your pictures.
2. Take good care of yourself and have a fun and enjoyable trip!
3. I wish you well and I hope to see you return healthy and happy.
4. Making new memories, I’m so excited for you to have a great trip!
5. As you embark on your long-anticipated trip. I just want to say I hope you will make great memories and love every second of your journey.
6. May your journey be filled with adventure and excitement. May you experience the best of all. Bon voyage!
7. Wander as if you’re lost, I hope you’ll have an unforgettable journey and return home safely!
8. Bon voyage, see you on Instagram! (You can even add one of these Insta captions to give them some inspiration!)
9. Forget everything that is on your mind, because this is the time to relax and unwind. Have a great time!
10. Money spent on travel is never wasted. Enjoy your trip and return home safe!
11. Leave behind your worries and enjoy every minute of your trip.
12. Bon voyage, enjoy the food!
13. Wishing you every happiness on your adventure into the world. Stay in touch!
14. The world is waiting for you. Good luck, safe travels and go!
15. I hope to see you safe and sound when you finally return. Till then enjoy everything that comes your way and have a safe trip!
16. May your feet take you where your heart wants to go
17. Here’s a toast to a new beginning in your life. Be well, live free, and enjoy life to the fullest. Hope you get whatever you are looking for in life.
18. May you enjoy this trip to the fullest and create long-lasting memories!
19. Wishing you so much joy and happiness as you begin a new chapter in your life. Take care!
20. I know it’s time to say goodbye, but goodbyes are too sad! Let’s say hello. Hello to new adventures, new opportunities, and new discoveries. Stay safe until we meet again!
21. Traveling is an expense that yields great returns in the form of priceless memories and enlightening experiences. Bon voyage.
22. You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you. Have an awesome trip!
23. Traveling is less about selfies, more about memories. Bon voyage.
24. Don’t worry about souvenirs. Fill your bags with experiences and memories when you return. Bon voyage.
25. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. Stay safe and have fun!
26. I hope your holiday is filled with smiles, laughter, and sunshine. And don’t forget to take lots of pictures!
Do you love these bon voyage messages? Then you will also love these posts
27. As long as you have an open mind, an able body, and a benevolent heart, you will be safe everywhere.
28. would wish you luck but I really don’t think you need it. Enjoy your trip!
29. Goodbyes are not forever. They are not the end… They simply mean we’ll miss you until we meet again
Happy trip message for a friend
30. Safe travels until we meet again my friend! Don’t worry. I won’t have too much fun here while you’re gone (at least I’ll try not to).
31. It’s going to be tough without you, but I know you’ll have the best time of your life, so it will be worth every pain of the temporary separation. Travel safely!
32. You mean the world to me, so it’s only fitting that the world gets to know and appreciate you too. I hope you have a great time on your trip!
33. Best wishes as you fly into your next chapter. Please don’t forget your friend from your home chapter
34. Wishing you a safe journey. My friend. Go safe, move safe, stay safe, leave safe, and then come back safe.
35. Best friends take their broke friends along on holidays. Good friends bring back gifts for their buddies. Bad friends do none of these. Which one are you going to be, mate? Have a good trip.
36. Only a person like you can have the guts to go on a trip to the other side of the world. You are, were, and always will be an achiever. Bon voyage, dear friend.
37. Goodbye to my best friend. I know it won’t be the same without you…it’ll be so much better.
38. They say that friends never say “goodbye” only “see you soon”. And yes, that is a thread. I will come and visit you if you’re not back here soon!
39. You know. They say the best way to keep in touch with friends is to send them presents… Just saying. Travel safe!
40. I hate to see you go, but I love to see your progress. Love triumphs over hate, so here are my best wishes for your journey. I will miss you much more than you can ever imagine. Keep in touch.
Safe journey messages for family members
41. Let’s start the journey. I’m sure you’ll come back with lots of sweet memories to share with all of us.
42. Here’s to new memories. You’ll be missed by all of us.
43. We will miss you until you return. Bon voyage!
44. As you set out on this new phase of your life, I wish you a safe flight and a wonderful time. May your trip be filled with the best things in life. You will be missed!
45. Make good use of your time over there, and always remember the family you left behind. I know you’ll come back safe and sound. Bon voyage!
46. Have a great trip! Just remember to bring back enough presents for the whole family…
47. Sister! I wish I were going with you on your trip, but since I’m not, I’ll have to photoshop myself into all of your pictures. Have fun!
48. Get lost and have fun but be safe. You will be dearly missed.
49. Our love will reach you no matter where you go! Have a safe trip, and come back soon.
50. No matter how far you go, you will always have “insert home city” running through your veins. Take care, and make us proud.
51. Be careful over there! Just remember not to do anything that your mother or I wouldn’t do. Have fun on your trip!
Religious bon voyage greetings
52. Enjoy your trip, and may god always keep his kind eye on you on this journey!
53. Enjoy your trip! I will pray for you every day while you’re gone. May the Lord bless your journey!
54. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you travel. Bon voyage!
55. I will pray to God for your security and safe journey till you return in my arms. Enjoy your travels!
56. May God return you safe and sound to the ones that love you. Have a fantastic trip.
Bon voyage wishes for a colleague
57. Relax, refresh, recharge
58. Happy holiday! Relax and enjoy your trip
59. The office won’t be the same without you while you’re gone. I’ll be sure to guard your desk and chair very carefully. Have a great trip!
60. Don’t worry we’ll be having tons of fun here in the office while you’re on vacation. I bet you’ll be jealous of us!
Sweet bon voyage messages
61. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart
62. Good luck with your journey. You are going to be missed so much. I hope you have a fantastic time and don’t forget to stay in touch!
63. I hope you’ll have the most amazing time exploring the world. I’ll be counting down the days until you return home safely!
64. I’m so proud of you for taking this trip. Have an amazing time discovering different parts of the world. Love from me
65. You are my hero for taking the kind of trip most people only dream about. Have a safe trip and the best time of your life!
66. No matter how many miles between us, you’ll never be far from my heart.
67. Distance means so little when someone means so much. Keep in touch and enjoy your travels!
68. You are more special than words can say. Please travel safely each and every day.
69. I’m so excited that you’re going on this trip! You’re going to have so much fun. Knowing that you’ll be happy makes me happy, even though I’m going to miss you so much.
70. Beautiful and rare sights in this world are many, but beautiful travelers like you are few. Bon voyage sweetheart.
71. Side by side or miles apart, we will always be connected by the heart.
Short bon voyage quotes
72, And so the adventure begins …
73. Enjoy the adventure.
74. Wishing you a year of new adventures.
75. Life is better at the beach.
76. Sometimes you need to travel far to come closer.
77. Dream it, wish it, do it!
78. Home is where your backpack is.
79. Living the good life. May you have a fun and memorable lifetime experience!
80. La vie est belle
81. La dolce vita
82. Life is better when you’re traveling/camping
83. To travel is to live
84. New life, new discoveries, and many more sweet memories.
Funny bon voyage greetings
85. I hope you come back with lots of memories and souvenirs to share! At least the souvenirs.
86. Wine, chocolates, souvenirs, exotic food items, and clothes—these are just a few ideas to help you think about what you can get me from your foreign trips. Bon voyage.
87. I’ll miss you until you come back. But I’m sure you’ll make up for it by getting me awesome souvenirs. Happy travels!
88. Have fun, miss me, and come back safe and sound.
89. Just a tiny bit jealous.
90. Enjoy your journey, and bring me back a present.
91. We will desperately wait for your photographs. But more so for the souvenirs you get us. Bon voyage!
92. I will miss you like an idiot misses the point.
93. Bon voyage. That’s French for “have an awesome trip and nobody is jealous at all”.
94. Travel safely and enjoy your trip. (Though the only reason why I sent this bon voyage message is so that you won’t forget to bring me back lots of goodies!)
95. You are finally going for a much-needed trip. Thank God I am not going to be annoyed by you in office for a while. Bon voyage—take your time.
96. Bon voyage. Do you really have to come back?
97. Some people say traveling makes you wise. Some people say traveling makes you humble. I say, don’t think and just travel. Bon voyage.
98. Trust me. You will regret this decision and miss us every step of the way. Goodbye to you and enjoy your trip.
99. Don’t be sad. Because surely we aren’t. Just kidding! You will be missed dearly. Stay safe and enjoy your travels.
100. Farewell. Someone is really going to miss you. But, it is not going to be me!
101. I wish I was your GoPro – then I would travel the world with you.
102. Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
Short poem bon voyage greetings
103. The way of peace and safety is where I wish you go. The path of fulfillment and love is the path I hope you take. Have the best journey of your life. Safe travels to you!
104. Until we meet again. May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields. Enjoy your trip!
105. As you start your travels, best wishes go your way for a trip that’s really wonderful each and every day.
106. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, and sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover. By Mark Twain
107. Open your senses, and feed your soul. Be carefree and let wanderlust take control. Stay safe and have a wonderful journey.
Save these bon voyage messages
Did you save these bon voyage quotes on Pinterest yet?
Final note on these bon voyage messages
All right, these were my 107 favorite bon voyage messages for someone who is about to leave for a trip! Don’t forget to check out my going-away gifts if you are looking for something small to give along the way.